December 29, 2011
Chinese Minister of Agriculture Han Changfu said Wednesday (Dec 28) that China aims to maintain grain output at more than 525 million tonnes in 2012.
Han told the annual central conference on rural work that China would keep grain crop acreage stable next year and prioritise improving unit yield.
China produced a record 571.21 million tonnes of grain in 2011, up 4.5%, the National Bureau of Statistics said earlier.
- China's grain production on continual increase but yet to fulfill demand
- Russia and China signs food safety agreements on grains
- China to build more silos to store bumper grain harvests
- Does grain stockpiling boost China's national security? : report
- From feed grain to meat: China's growing weight in world agribusines