December 28, 2011
East Chinese province of Shandong has produced 44.27 billion kilogrammes of grain so far this year, according to the local branch of the Ministry of Agriculture.
In 2012 the province aims to achieve 45 billion kg in grain output.
Meanwhile, southwest Sichuan province has harvested a total of 36.7 billion kg of grain so far this year, 392 million tonnes more than the same period of 2010, according to the local authorities.
- China's grain production on continual increase but yet to fulfill demand
- Russia and China signs food safety agreements on grains
- China to build more silos to store bumper grain harvests
- Does grain stockpiling boost China's national security? : report
- From feed grain to meat: China's growing weight in world agribusines