December 28, 2011
Australian grain stocks show increase
The Australian Bureau of Statistics reported that the grain stocks held by bulk handling companies and grain traders in November increased compared to the same period in 2010.
Australia's bulk storage of wheat grain in November 2011 has increased by 8.1 million tonnes to 15.4 million tonnes from October 2011. This was almost double the amount stored in November 2010.
The start of the new season's wheat harvest has shown a pronounced rise in the quality of wheat grain in November 2011. Stocks of wheat grain for milling were 10.7 million tonnes, which was 69% of all grain stored in November 2011 compared to 52% in October 2011.
Feed grade wheat grain stocks were 4.7 million tonnes (31% of all grain) at the end of November 2011. This was an increase of 2.6 million tonnes compared to November 2010.
All Australian states recorded increased stocks of wheat grain stored in November 2011 when compared to October 2011. New South Wales stored the largest amount with 5.1 million tonnes (33% of the national stocks) and Western Australia was next largest with 4.2 million tonnes (27%).
- GrainCorp to sell 60% stake in Allied Mills Australia
- GrainCorp joins Australian Grains Champion consortium
- Australia grain production seen to rise 2% despite adverse weather
- Chinese grain firm bids for Australian beef producer
- GrainCorp invests $50 million to expand oilseed crushing capacity in Australia