December 26, 2011
France sees lower soft wheat output in 2011-12
France's soft wheat production in the 2011-12 season is forecast to fall to 33.8 million tonnes, from an estimated 35.7 million tonnes last year, according to France Agrimer.
Exports of French soft wheat to non-European countries will plunge to 8.6 million tonnes, down from 12.9 million tonnes in 2010-2011.
Meanwhile, exports to European countries is expected to slip to 6.5 million tonnes from 6.7 million tonnes last season.
- France's wheat to be shipped to Indonesia since 2008/09
- France's soft wheat exports to non-EU markets rise 58% for July 2015
- France to achieve second biggest output for soft wheat
- France ahead of Russia in wheat exports to Egypt
- France's farmers seek wheat supply from Germany after rain damage crops