December 21, 2011
Chinese internet portal Netease.com Inc vows to initiate the third generation of pig farming model on Tuesday (Dec 20).
The company's enthusiastic pig-feeding blueprint marked the setup of its technology roadmap and a more explicit way to realise its goal, which is to provide to Chinese consumers with safe meat at reasonable prices, said Ding Lei, the company CEO.
In the future, the company will duplicate the Anji model across China once the pilot base's operation turns mature.
So far, the internet portal has set up a pilot pig farming base at Anji in East China's Zhejiang province, which covers 56 mu, or 3.73 hectares, with over 30 buildings including the off-ground pig farm tailored to reserve at maximum the landscape and natural ecological environment within the base.
- China not open to Vietnam pig exports, risk of oversupply emerges
- Low piglet population decimates whey sales in China
- China's pig meat imports more than double in Jan.-Sept.
- Weak poultry market, low piglet population soften China calcium phosphate prices
- Poor piglet feed demand impedes whey sales in China