April 12, 2012
China's March corn exports hit 2,334 tonnes
According to data published on April 10th by the General Administration of Customs, China exported 2,334 tonnes of corn in March.
The figure reflected a drop from the 9,050 tonnes in March 2011 and a rise from the 401 tonnes in February of this year.
In the first three months the country's corn export volume declined 51% on-year to 5,045 tonnes.
Currently China is a net importer of corn.
- Chinese corn prices stay stable amid light trade in pre-holiday market
- First rise in China corn price since October
- China corn prices flat on tighter supply, cautious buying
- Cargill starts selling Syngenta's MIR 162 corn after China's approval
- Improved demand underpins corn prices in consumption regions of China