February 23, 2012
Viterra to expand Fairlight, Saskatchewan grain elevator
Viterra Inc. announced Wednesday (Feb 22) the expansion of its Fairlight, Saskatchewan grain elevator, increasing the facility to 100 rail car spotting capability with greater storage capacity.
"Viterra's investment in this facility will ensure more efficient movement of grains and oilseeds for our customers. This investment demonstrates our commitment to provide quality service to both farmers and destination customers. As we continue to expand capacity and increase efficiency, we provide additional value to our customers," said Bob Miller, Viterra's Senior Vice-President of Grain, North America.
Andy Gonta, Vice-President CN Bulk Sales & Marketing said CN was pleased to work with Viterra on this expansion project. "Viterra's expansion of its Fairlight facility, coupled with the strength of CN's Scheduled Grain Service Plan, will enhance our joint ability to meet the shipping and handling needs of Southeastern Saskatchewan grain farmers."
Viterra is committed to ongoing operational advancements across the Prairie provinces to facilitate efficiencies for its customers.
- Viterra in supply and marketing agreement with Pacific Coast Canola
- Viterra's investment at Port Metro Vancouver to exceed US$91.47 million
- Viterra plans new build in Saskatchewan, Canada
- Viterra invests US$1 million in CIGI's promotion of Canadian crops
- Viterra acquires assets of Lethbridge Inland Terminal Ltd.