November 29, 2013
Cobb and Tong Xing set up JV for GP hatchery project in China
Cobb-Vantress, Inc. and the integrated chicken producer Hubei Tong Xing Agriculture Co. Ltd. (Tong Xing) have agreed to set up a joint venture to build new grandparent farms and hatchery facilities in Suizhou, China.
According to the agreement, Cobb owns 85% of the shares in the joint venture, while Tong Xing owns the remaining 15%.
The new company, officially known as Hubei Tong Xing Cobb Breeding Company, Ltd., is targeting an initial production capacity of 5 million parent females per year; while the hatchery's total hatching capacity is expected to reach 18 million eggs per year, with the first egg setting planned on October 1, 2014.
Petersime, a Belgium-based leading supplier of incubators and hatcheries, was selected to design the hatchery and supply the incubation and HVAC equipment. Petersime BioStreamer™ incubators for 4 and for 8 trolleys have been ordered to provide maximum flexibility.
Dave Juenger of Cobb USA comments: "Petersime already has strong references in China. After reviewing all incubator supplier options we concluded that choosing Petersime made the most sense for this business venture in terms of product quality, service, and logistics."
The Suizhou GP project marks an important step forward in the strategies of both Cobb and Petersime to increase their presence in China.