November 16, 2020
ADM: Wisium Premixes and Services now available in eastern Canada
ADM announced this month the launch of its Wisium premix and nutrition services brand in eastern Canada.
The Wisium portfolio offers producers access to innovative value-added nutrition programmes for all livestock species.
"The Wisium offer expansion is an important next step as we create a global network of customizable nutrition solutions to give producers an edge in solving feed production challenges," said François Fernandez, vice president of Wisium Premix and Services. "Our unrivalled portfolio of premix solutions, combined with ADM's expertise and service-oriented approach, makes us an ideal partner for producers."
The livestock market in Canada is growing rapidly and there's a greater emphasis on nutrition and value-added solutions. ADM's animal nutrition business is poised to meet demand in Canada and worldwide.
With ADM's 2019 acquisition of Neovia, a global provider of value-added animal nutrition solutions, Wisium joined the ADM animal nutrition portfolio.
Customers in Quebec, Ontario and Maritimes will benefit from Wisium's innovative offerings and advisory services for production management, product development, quality control and performance.
Now available in Quebec, Ontario and Maritimes, Wisium's offerings include:
- Transi Up, a programme comprising of tailor-made solutions for management of the peri-partum phase in dairy cows;
- Egg Quality Concept, a nutrition programme designed to improve layer performance and egg quality;
- Feet Up, a comprehensive nutritional approach to optimising sow performance;
- PURlite, a litter conditioner with absorbent, hygienic and safe-use properties for all livestock species;
- Near infrared technologies offering quick predictions of nutrient values to ensure quality of raw materials and finished feeds.
In addition, Wisium offers technologies to address today's production needs and will make additional offerings available in the coming months.
"Wisium delivers global and local expertise, resources and research-driven technologies to create comprehensive programmes tailor-made for producer operations in their unique environment," said Hernando Restrepo, Animal Nutrition regional sales manager. "This expansion into eastern Canada is an exciting opportunity for producers who now have access to innovative nutrition solutions to address milk production, egg quality and swine and broiler production."