Achieving suckling pig survival rate of 99%: Zhengchang's feed expansion sterilisation and elimination of anti-nutritional factors
Achieving suckling pig survival rate of 99%: Zhengchang’s feed expansion sterilisation and elimination of anti-nutritional factors
In an analysis report of domestic and foreign pig breeding technology experts, it is clearly pointed out that diarrhoea of suckling pigs is the most important factor leading to their survival rate. The main reasons for this diarrhoea are:
· Low gastric acid secretion. Low protease activity + stress
Some raw materials are difficult to digest. Ingredients that sensitise the intestinal mucosa or inhibit the activity of digestive enzymes in animals are called anti-nutritional factors.
· Inhibit enzyme activity, e.g. protease inhibitors contained in soybeans – lectins, saponin, etc.
· Combine with the substrate to form insoluble products. For example, when tannin is combined with protein, phytic acid and oxalic acid can be combined with protein, amino acids and minerals.
· Increase the viscosity of chyme and prevent the enzyme from binding to the substrate, e.g. β-glucan and arabinoxylan contained in barley and wheat.
Soymeal is the main protein raw material in feed in China. Annual consumption is more than 60 million tonnes and the protein content is as high as 43%. However, there are some anti-nutritional factors in soymeal, such as antigen globulin that induces allergic reactions in the intestines of small animals. Sugar causes animal indigestion, flatulence and diarrhoea, and trypsin inhibitors reduce the activity of trypsin in the body, causing massive loss of endogenous nitrogen and disorders in pancreatic secretion.
· High temperature and high pressure treatment
· Microbial fermentation
· Enzymatic hydrolysis, adding enzyme preparations
· Chemical method for acid and alkali treatment
The current method commonly used in feed mills is biological fermentation. Biologically fermented feed can eliminate ANFS, promote the digestion and absorption of nutrients, supplement beneficial bacteria, regulate the microecological balance in the intestine, and improve animal immunity. Fermented metabolites can also supplement rich nutrients and improve feed palatability, promoting animal growth and development.
Fermented feed has many benefits, but its application in feed processing is limited. The reasons are: the fermented material has a low degree of matching with existing feed processing equipment of feed companies; the fermented feed is not compatible with existing feeding equipment of animal producers.
As a result, the use of fermented materials is restricted (other reasons include biological safety, lack of industry standards for the nutritional indicators of fermented materials, and the establishment of a biologically clean and hygienic production system, which we will not discuss). Most feed companies just add 5-25% of fermented material (mainly fermented soymeal) to the feed formula, and most of them are added manually, which is not conducive to the mechanisation and automation of feed factories.
So, is there any process that has been proven to be very effective and widely recognised on a global scale?
The answer is Zhengchang's feed expansion process. This process has gone through more than 10 years of continuous research by Zhengchang Group. It is based on the scientific nature of feed processing technology, optimal applicability and economy of the equipment, and has solved the problem of suckling pig diarrhoea and low survival rate. The question perfectly explains the characteristics of high-quality teaching trough materials:
Specifically, Zhengchang's expansion process requirements include:
A. Fine processing of raw materials, cleaning impurities, removing mildew particles, fine crushing (Ø1.0-1.5MM) or even fine crushing;
B. Emphasis on quality and timely replenishment of water + high temperature and medium pressure before expanding, high temperature 100° expanding treatment of raw materials, which kills viruses and pathogenic bacteria, 100% elimination of anti-nutritional factors, second mixing (adding of heat sensitive components in the second mixing reduces nutrient loss);
C. Low-temperature granulation (tempering temperature 50-60 degrees) to ensure that the palatability of the finished product is less and loss of heat-sensitive components and formulation cost is low;
D. High output, low energy consumption, small screw wear (minimum cost of wearing parts), feed achieves a sweet, fragrant, crisp and crisp effect (good palatability and promotes high feed intake).
In summary customer value includes:
1. Optimising the cost of feed formula and reduce the cost by more than 50 yuan;
2. Improving the digestibility of nutrients (protein, fat, fibre);
3. 100% elimination of all anti-nutritional factors in the feed and kills pathogenic bacteria and moulds carried by the feed;
4. Minimising diarrhoea in suckling pig, achieving a survival rate as high as 99%;
5. Improving feed palatability and increasing feed conversion. The conversion rate of expanded feed can be increased by 0.05 or even higher throughout the process;
6. Improving the nutrition of early feeding, especially the growth performance of suckling pigs within 2-4 weeks after weaning;
7. Natural raw material fragrances of plants (soybeans, peanuts, etc.) can be added to improve palatability.
Presently, Zhengchang's feed expansion technology has been used in well-known domestic feed companies including Zhengda Group, Wen's Group, New Hope, Jinxinnong Stock, Zhengda Kangdi Group, Aonong Group, COFCO, Zhenghong Group, Hunan Weiye, China Kangdi, Hubei Xiangda, and Huanshan Group.
For more of the article, please click here.
Article made possible through the contribution of Zhengchang