July 1, 2008

 

Zhongpin opens pork processing facility in Western Henan
   
  

Zhongpin Inc. has completed the installation of equipment at its new pork processing plant in Luoyang City, Henan Province and production will start immediately.

 

The facility has an annual production capacity of 70,000 tonnes of chilled and frozen pork. About 60 percent of the capacity is allocated to chilled pork while the remaining 40 percent is for the production of frozen pork.

 

With this new plant, Zhongpin's total production capacity for chilled and frozen pork has increased to 391,560 tonnes, up 22 percent from its current capacity of 321,560 tonnes.

 

Zhongpin expects the new plant to be running at over 70 percent of its capacity by the fourth quarter of 2008.

 

Zhongpin is a meat and food processing company that specialises in pork and pork products in China.

Video >

Follow Us

FacebookTwitterLinkedIn