April 11, 2024

 

Philippines' overall corn stocks at 546.89 thousand metric tonnes, as of March 1

 

 

 

The Philippines' total corn stocks inventory reached 546.89 thousand metric tonnes, as of March 1, according to Divina Gracia L. Del Prado, assistant secretary at the Philippine Statistics Authority. 

 

The figure indicated an annual increase of 55.4% from the 352.04 thousand metric tonnes level in the same period of 2023. Corn stocks inventory exhibited a month-on-month increase of 11.2% relative to its previous month's (February 2024) inventory level of 491.77 thousand metric tonnes.

 

From March 2023's level, corn stocks inventory in the commercial sector recorded an annual increase of 92.7%. On the other hand, corn stocks inventory in households declined by 44.4%.

 

Relative to the inventory level in February 2024, the volume of corn stocks in the commercial and household sectors registered month-on-month increases of 12.1% and 3.7%, respectively.

 

About 90.2% of March 2024's total corn stocks inventory were from the commercial sector, while the remaining 9.8% were from the households.


- Philippine Stastics Authority

Video >

Follow Us

FacebookTwitterLinkedIn