The agribusiness knowledge provider
Subscribe LIVESTOCK & FEED Business
Global Feed Grain Markets
advertise with efeedlink
Australia's dairy sector: Doing the best it can, within nature's straitjacket
•An El Niño-induced drought has made milk output fall below projections for a second straight year
• With pastureland parched, over reliance on feed and temporary water supplies has jacked up production costs even as farmgate milk prices fall, forcing many to cull herds
• Longterm drought continues to keep milk output 10% to 15% below turn of the century peak levels
• Despite the difficult economic conditions, bad weather and low world market prices, exports of most dairy products increased
• For new investments in production intensification, new technologies and new UHT milk facilities to pay off, several years of above average rainfall is required
Australian beef: Not enough cows
• A combination of high cattle prices, low dairy prices and drought pushed slaughter rates and beef production to historic highs in 2014-15
Monday, June 20, 2016
New Zealand beef: Live off dairy woes today, chase a golden dragon tomorrow?
• Facing a harsher dairy market downturn than Australia but fewer problems with drought, New Zealand's post 2014 beef cattle herd inventory fell far less than Australia's
Friday, June 17, 2016
An uneven dairy market crash: New Zealand's dairy farms suffer as processors change their export profile
• The dairy crash impacted farms with fixed financing and operational costs much more than processors
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
A post PEDv export surge and a European market upset: World pork production and exports go in opposite directions
• World pork output has levelled out and is falling 1% but exports are still surging by a projected 6% in 2016
Friday, May 27, 2016
Hot Topics - World
We are what they eat: The deepening interconnections between feed-based animal diets and human health
Just another salmon price rally, or is it a major market turning point?
Spilt milk and a white gold rush in ruins: Understanding a highly asymmetrical dairy market crash
New Zealand dairy farms bear the brunt of world market adjustments
Dry pastureland, arid prospects for Australia's dairy sector
Rising volumes, falling value and a new era of bountiful feed inputs
Protein lines, interrupted: Deconstructing five years of disappointing feed milling expansion, by animal line
A recovery path for the world shrimp market?
The world feed sector shifts gears
Second bear market collapse portends another difficult year for dairy exporters
Global Grain & Oilseed Markets
China's intimidating, world changing corn stockpile
Once rapid feed demand growth has stalled and bloated inventories hang over an otherwise balanced world corn market.
A postponed feed crop market recovery
Bumper US crop harvests and a whopping upward adjustment in Chinese corn inventories portend another year of low feed crop prices ahead.
About Us :
Our Products & Services
Advertise with Us
Partner with Us
Copyright ©2016 eFeedLink. All rights reserved.