The agribusiness knowledge provider
Subscribe LIVESTOCK & FEED Business
Global Feed Grain Markets
advertise with efeedlink
A painful reinvention for the world shrimp market
• A new wave of outbreaks has flattened world output 15% below peak levels achieved five years ago
• China, Thailand are growing 30% to 50% less shrimp than before. Vietnam sustains production by using costly, less exportable tiger shrimp. India, Ecuador can't push output higher without encountering serious problems
• Rather than a straight "host-pathogen" relationship, today's shrimp diseases capitalize on non-linear, highly conditional relationships between pathogens, water quality, feed materials, larvae genetics and other microbes.
• Stakeholders must make painful changes in how they raise shrimp, manage farms and facilities
• A new shrimp farming paradigm will emerge, enabling output rise 40% above today's levels by 2025
Is the slowdown in world aquaculture worse than official statistics indicate?
• Can aquaculture output be expanding when aqua feed output falls 12% over a two-year period?
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
The end of abundance: The world salmon market enters a new era
• World salmon output fell 10% in 2016 and will only equal its 2015 peak in 2019
Thursday, August 11, 2016
Not enough fat fish: The world salmon market first hyper inflates, then divides
• A record price gap: Large fish sold 15% above their old record, small fish 10% below their historical highs
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Australian beef: Not enough cows
• A combination of high cattle prices, low dairy prices and drought pushed slaughter rates and beef production to historic highs in 2014-15
Monday, June 20, 2016
Hot Topics - World
New Zealand beef: Live off dairy woes today, chase a golden dragon tomorrow?
Australia's dairy sector: Doing the best it can, within nature's straitjacket
An uneven dairy market crash: New Zealand's dairy farms suffer as processors change their export profile
A post PEDv export surge and a European market upset: World pork production and exports go in opposite directions
We are what they eat: The deepening interconnections between feed-based animal diets and human health
Just another salmon price rally, or is it a major market turning point?
Spilt milk and a white gold rush in ruins: Understanding a highly asymmetrical dairy market crash
New Zealand dairy farms bear the brunt of world market adjustments
Dry pastureland, arid prospects for Australia's dairy sector
Rising volumes, falling value and a new era of bountiful feed inputs
Global Grain & Oilseed Markets
A postponed feed crop market recovery
Bumper US crop harvests and a whopping upward adjustment in Chinese corn inventories portend another year of low feed crop prices ahead.
China's intimidating, world changing corn stockpile
Once rapid feed demand growth has stalled and bloated inventories hang over an otherwise balanced world corn market.
About Us :
Our Products & Services
Advertise with Us
Partner with Us
Copyright ©2016 eFeedLink. All rights reserved.