November 13, 2013
Prioskolye, the largest poultry producer in Russia, has commissioned a new plant for the production of feed lysine in the Belgorod Region of Russia, which will begin operation this December.
Representatives of the company say that currently, a huge volume of feed lysine is obtained from overseas, at about 38,000 tonnes per year. The plant will cover 60% of the country's demand for lysine sulfate with a production capacity of 20,000 tonnes of lysine per year.
By early 2015, the plant will reach full production capacity and will create 700 jobs. The total amount of investment of the project is RUB7.5 billion (US$250 million) according to the company.
- Evonik secures financing to build lysine plant in Russia
- Evonik begins building lysine plant in central Russia
- Lysine production to commence in Russia's Tyumen region in 2015
- Evonik partners DonBioTech for L-lysine facility in Rostov, Russia
- Evonik invests in L-lysine in Brazil and Russia (Press release)