October 5, 2011
Brazilian beef exports decrease in September
Brazil's September beef exports decreased 3.5% in contrast to the same period last year to 74,200 tonnes, according to data released Monday (Oct 3) by the Foreign Trade Secretariat, or Secex.
Pork shipments last month totalled 35,100 tonnes, down from 44,600 tonnes in September 2010. Chicken exports stood at 277,700 tonnes, versus 311,900 tonnes a year before.
In revenue, beef exports hit US$390.8 million in September, while chicken and pork sales amounted to US$567.7 million and US$101.5 million respectively.
- China becomes the largestimporter of Brazilian beef
- Brazilian beef: Bright export potential, stagnant domestic prospects
- China now key market for Brazilian beef following end of ban
- Brazil's beef exports to Iran to increase to 122,000 tonnes in next four years
- Myanmar now open to beef and poultry imports from Brazil