October 5, 2011
Brazilian beef exports decrease in September
Brazil's September beef exports decreased 3.5% in contrast to the same period last year to 74,200 tonnes, according to data released Monday (Oct 3) by the Foreign Trade Secretariat, or Secex.
Pork shipments last month totalled 35,100 tonnes, down from 44,600 tonnes in September 2010. Chicken exports stood at 277,700 tonnes, versus 311,900 tonnes a year before.
In revenue, beef exports hit US$390.8 million in September, while chicken and pork sales amounted to US$567.7 million and US$101.5 million respectively.
- Brazil's beef exports to China, Saudi Arabia to resume
- More beef, less corn: Why Brazilian agribusiness exports must shift from feed crops to red meat
- Russia's interest to boost Brazil's beef shipments
- Brazil's beef exports to China to reach US$1.2 billion in 2015
- China lifts embargo on Brazilian beef imports