September 17, 2011
Northern Vietnam to establish largest pig breeding centre
Construction of the largest pig breeding centre in northern Vietnam started on September 15 in An Thi district, northern Hung Yen province.
The project, will be built in two phases at a total cost of US$8 million invested by GreenFeed Vietnam Joint Stock Company, with cooperation of PIC company from the US.
In the first phase (2011-2012), the Hung Yen Arrow Genetics centre will have 600 sows and 50 PIC soars in the first phase and in the next phase, the centre plans to have 1,200 sows and 100 PIC soars.
Besides, Hung Yen Arrow Genetics will provide about 420,000 doses of soar sperm to the market.
According to Hoang Kim Giao, Director of the Husbandry Department under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the centre will contribute to improving the quality of the breeding pig herds and raising profits for farmers.
- High pork prices, Cambodia's rising hog demand drive Vietnam's piglet prices up
- Vietnam province reports pig deaths due to PRRS
- Danish firms willing to invest in Vietnam pig breeding industry
- Vietnam builds pig-raising models on biological cushions
- Vietnam's Northern Province supports farmers to raise pigs