April 24, 2012
Russia's intervention fund sells the largest amount of grains
With the participation of 240 companies at the auction on April 19, 2012, Russia's public intervention fund exposed 249,443 tonnes of grains of the 2005, 2008 and 2009 harvests.
During the exchange sessions, the public intervention fund sold 168,832 tonnes of grains at the general sum of RUB896.446 million (US$30.5 million), including 152,502 tonnes of grains of the harvest-2008 at the sum of RUN800.913 million (US$27.2 million), 16,443 tonnes of grains of the harvest-2009 at the sum of RUB95.533 million (US$3.2 million).
Winners of the exchange stock trades were 93 organisations, with which OJSC United Grain Company will conclude sales contracts.
Since the beginning of the public interventions trades in 2012, the state intervention fund sold 742,895 tonnes of grains at the stock exchange sales at the general sum of RUB3.838 billion (US$130 million). As of April 19, 2012, 246 organisations were already accredited to participate in the public commodity interventions.
- Egypt wheat supply from Russia imperiled by grain exports suspension
- Russia expected to export record high of grains in 2014/2015
- Russian's RIF currently second largest grain exporter
- China might restart imports of Russian grains after two-decade ban
- Russia's grain exports expected to rise in 2014-2015