April 12, 2012
China's March corn exports hit 2,334 tonnes
According to data published on April 10th by the General Administration of Customs, China exported 2,334 tonnes of corn in March.
The figure reflected a drop from the 9,050 tonnes in March 2011 and a rise from the 401 tonnes in February of this year.
In the first three months the country's corn export volume declined 51% on-year to 5,045 tonnes.
Currently China is a net importer of corn.
- Weekly transacted prices of second-grade corn in China (Moisture content 14%)
- China's corn imports continues good showing in July
- Weak trends prevail in China corn market
- Corn market stays weak with port inventories at four-year high in China
- Corn, pork and an impending rebalancing of China's agribusiness trade