April 12, 2012
China's March corn exports hit 2,334 tonnes
According to data published on April 10th by the General Administration of Customs, China exported 2,334 tonnes of corn in March.
The figure reflected a drop from the 9,050 tonnes in March 2011 and a rise from the 401 tonnes in February of this year.
In the first three months the country's corn export volume declined 51% on-year to 5,045 tonnes.
Currently China is a net importer of corn.
- China continues to have high state corn stockpile for the third consecutive year
- China's Zhangjiagang imports Thailand corn for the first time
- US export of DDGS to China 'in jeopardy' as corn falls to near zero
- Limited feed output, higher supply weigh on China corn prices
- Syngenta faces more suits over GMO corn junked by China