April 9, 2012
Bunge acquires MCN BioProducts
US agribusiness and food group, Bunge Limited, has possessed Canadian technology firm, MCN BioProducts Inc.
The deal gives the US group all assets of MCN, including patents related to production of nutritionally-dense protein concentrates made from canola and rapeseed meals to replace fish meal and vegetable protein concentrates in animal diets, the buyer said in a press release.
The acquired technology for the production of concentrates through a patented enzymatic water-based process will allow Bunge to offer protein alternatives in existing and new markets.
The buyer aims to commercialise this process in the coming years using its asset network and operational expertise, it said.
The US group is looking to develop, buy, sell or license technologies that could boost its profitability and bring competitive advantages, it added.
- Augustea Bunge forms new joint venture with York Capital Management
- Morocco's OCP to acquire Bunge's stake in Bunge Maroc Phosphore
- Brazil approves Yara's acquisition of Bunge's fertiliser business
- Bunge appoints Todd Bastean as CEO of Bunge North America
- Bunge to export grain from Bunbury port, Australia