February 22, 2012
EU clears EuroChem's acquisition of BASF fertiliser units
The European Commission has granted clearance under the EU Merger Regulation to the acquisition of certain BASF's fertiliser assets by EuroChem International Holding B.V.
Dutch-based EuroChem International is controlled by EuroChem SE, which is active in the mining of minerals for fertilisers and the manufacture and sale of fertilisers.
BASF manufactures interalia mineral field fertilisers.
The operation was examined under the simplified merger review procedure.
- BASF begins direct distribution of crop protection products in Australia
- BASF's peak sales potential of crop protection products may hit US$2.88 billion
- BASF's NSP enzyme Natugrain TS approved by European Commission for fattening pigs
- John Deere, BASF collaborate to develop sustainable yield enhancement solutions
- BASF to expand services for global agricultural community