February 22, 2012
EU clears EuroChem's acquisition of BASF fertiliser units
The European Commission has granted clearance under the EU Merger Regulation to the acquisition of certain BASF's fertiliser assets by EuroChem International Holding B.V.
Dutch-based EuroChem International is controlled by EuroChem SE, which is active in the mining of minerals for fertilisers and the manufacture and sale of fertilisers.
BASF manufactures interalia mineral field fertilisers.
The operation was examined under the simplified merger review procedure.
- BASF to introduce 45 new products for better crop production
- BASF raises prices of Formic Acid in Europe
- BASF expands production capacity of vitamin A in Germany plant
- Mitsui Chemicals Agro and BASF sign agreement for new insecticide
- BASF announces investments and new products for North American agriculture