When pigs stop feeding fish: Record fishmeal prices & a dying substitution effect
Using oil seeds as safety valve, markets redirected increasingly scarce fishmeal from livestock farms to aquaculture, thereby limiting price increases. The exhaustion of this trend has inflationary implications for fishmeal prices.
- Philippine feed grain prices remain unchanged
- Indonesian firms to jointly invest US$41.8 million in animal feed plants
- China expresses interest in investing in feed production in Bulgaria
- Hamlet Protein boosts production of specialty soy proteins
- International Feed Industry Federation joins in FSO to create feed benchmark system