When pigs stop feeding fish: Record fishmeal prices & a dying substitution effect
Using oil seeds as safety valve, markets redirected increasingly scarce fishmeal from livestock farms to aquaculture, thereby limiting price increases. The exhaustion of this trend has inflationary implications for fishmeal prices.
- China hog and pig feed prices rebound modestly in first week of June
- China's feed industry's profit falls due to falling premium fish demand and rising soymeal prices
- Tianhong Fishery builds largest extruded feed production line in Hunan
- Chicken meat nutritional value when feeding red palm oil, palm oil or rendered animal fat in combinations with linseed oil, rapeseed oil and two levels of selenium
- Cargill, Purac collaborate on developing bio-based feed solutions